Thursday, June 6, 2013

Apple is 'Doing Something Really Different' for the New Mac Pro

mac_pro_2010_side_top_half

Apple is 'doing something really different' with the upcoming new Mac Pro, reveals Andrew Baird.

A director, cinematographer, and animator, Baird emailed Tim Cook about the lack of a real update to the Mac Pro over the past few years. Douglas Brooks, a Mac Pro project manager, contacted him about his concerns.
For what it's worth - a couple of months ago I received a call from Douglas Brooks, Apples project manager for the new Mac Pro to address my concerns about the new machine. Obviously he didn't tell me anything about the new MP, but asked me what I wanted to see. I told him expandability for extra graphics cards support, and memory expansion were at the top of my list amongst other things. His reply was simple:

"You are going to be really glad that you waited [to buy a new tower]. We are doing something really different here and I think you're going to be very excited when you see what we've been up to. I can't wait to show this off".

That conversation gave me enough confidence to wait for the new machine. I'm looking forward to the announcement. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.


More at iHash.eu

No comments:

Post a Comment