Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Barking Up The Wrong Family Tree

(Note: I am a teenager.)

Me: “Hey, what can I help you with today?”
Customer: “I have these gift cards, and I would like to exchange them for cash.”
Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but I cant do that. It’s store policy, as gift cards have no monetary value.”

(People are starting to line up behind the customer, and they are starting to get noticeably agitated, having to wait.)

Customer: “Excuse me, do you have any idea who you’re speaking to?”
Me: “Not even a clue.”
Customer: “My father owns this store! Now give me my money, or I’ll have you fired!”
(The owner of the store is in the back, so I call him out.)
Me: “Boss, your daughter’s here to see you!”
Boss: “Daughter? I don’t have a daughter.”

(The customer’s face is growing red, and the people behind her start to laugh. I can tell she wants to run away, but she’s in too deep. My boss comes to the front to see what’s going on. My boss is an Indian man in his 60′s.)

Boss: “What are you talking about?”
Me: “This lady right here.”

(The white customer in her early 20s dips her head, and runs out of the store.)

Boss: “Maybe she forgot where her dad’s store is?”

No comments:

Post a Comment