Friday, June 28, 2013

The Key To Karma

(A sour-looking customer comes in to check in. Throughout, I try to remain polite and friendly, but he just grunts and snatches his key out of my hand and goes up to his room. A few minutes later, he storms back in, and flings the keycards at me.)

Customer: “THESE KEYS DON’T WORK!”
Me: “I’m sorry about that; maybe I made a mistake keying them.”
(I check the system.)
Me: “Huh, these say that they are working. Are you sure that you went to the right room?”
Customer: “I went to 510!”
Me: “It says 518.”

(The customer turns pale, snatches the keys again, and storms off. I don’t hear from him again, so I guess he got the right room. Meanwhile, I get a nasty call from the person who was in room 510, saying that someone had tried to break down her door, screaming!)

No comments:

Post a Comment