Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dear sir

I've been doing tech support for the Internet division of our company now for almost two years. I recently came into work one morning, and on my desk was a letter that was written from one of our customers, who was having some problems with the Internet. Here is the letter, typed exactly as it was written.

Dear sir,

I have a problem with inlet hookup,
1) No (company name) home page
2) Unable to get to my e-mail
3) Micro, which do not know
4) Crazy action on micro
5) A call from you about a verse, which i do not about
6) I call the local office at (city) and told what was wrong and all i got was a chac number from the person answer the call - it was a woman
7) It Been 6 day now
8) What wrong (I do not know)?
9) Is this going to be set right?
10) I Done not know how to correct it (you may has to send a tech to fix it.)
11) Each time you make a change but, one time, something happy craz,
12) Never set in, away make differ move, which i do not know why?
13) Each time update, add things which do not know what all about.
14) Each time make more problem
15) I do not know why or what is gone on, when thing happen

What is wrong?
Why?
Can you fix it?
Need a set up of my compelet to correct the problem

* Look like i am in dark and losing money

Thank You!

P.S. Why is it not smoot to run this with all problem and each time, when update more thing go wrong, than straight out.

I had a hard time reading that letter. I went to my boss and asked him if he read it, and he said he only read part of it.
I decided to call, against my better judgment, to see what was going on. I was on the phone with him for 30 minutes trying to figure out how to get him to get Internet Explorer up on the screen. I asked my boss if I could have him bring in the machine.
The machine came in, and I took a look at it and found out exactly what the problem was.
Every time we did a maintenance on our network, he changed his Windows 98 desktop theme. All his icons changed in size and shape. He wanted to have all his icons "locked in place," because apparently they kept moving on him. He kept moving his start bar around the sides of the screen, shifting the window and the icons around.
The "verse" he makes reference to was the KAK viruses I had called him about earlier in the week. I also found out that his references to "micro" were either about Microsoft Internet Explorer or Outlook Express.
The main problem was that Outlook Express wouldn't open. It just needed a re-install, and he would have been fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment