Tuesday, July 2, 2013

my wife Kitty



This happened to me several years ago. The phone rang and I picked it up. It was my wife, Kitty, on the other end. She informed me that she was having problems printing out a report on the computer. The system was locked up and would not respond to the keyboard or the mouse.

I told her reboot the system. She did. I heard the printer go through the startup cycle. I asked her to describe what the computer was doing.
Her: "The computer is on, the monitor light is on, and the printer is on!"
Me: "What is on the screen?"
Her: "A box with the instruction: install Kickstart 2.0x."
Me: "Kickstart? When did we get an Amiga?"
Her: "About six months ago? What's the problem?"
Me: "We have an Atari, and we've had it for 18 months."
Her: "What???" (high pitched squeak) "Sorry, wrong number!" (click)

No comments:

Post a Comment