Saturday, July 13, 2013

Putting The Loin In Tenderloin

(I am a female butcher. The butchery/preparation room is separated from the service area. I bring out a customer their meat, which is a whole beef tenderloin. It comes to almost 49€ per kilo. A moment later the sales girl comes into the preparation room.)
Sales Girl: “Hey, you just sold the customer some tenderloin for over 100€, right?”
Me: “Yes I did; is there a problem? He wanted the whole tenderloin.”
Sales Girl: “He’s saying he never ordered anything. The store manager just grabbed him at the register, because he knew that customer bought something, but he didn’t pay for anything.”
Me: “Oh, but I sold him the whole tenderloin, and it’s vacuum-packed.”
(The store manager walks up to the counter, with the customer in question. One of the customer’s trouser legs is a bit more ‘filled’ than the other.)
Customer: “She’s lying! I never bought anything!”
Me: “Sir, I sold you a whole beef tenderloin. And… I think you hid it in your trousers.”
(The customer denies, but the store manager threatens to call the police. The customer drops his pants in front of all employees and customers. He pulls out the whole tenderloin, still vacuum packed, and throws it into my face, then storms out. We get rid of the package pretty fast, and I get an icepack for my nose!)

No comments:

Post a Comment