Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hackers Remotely Locking Apple Devices for Ransom in Australia

Some Australian Mac and iPhone owners woke up to their Apple devices being remotely locked through Apple's Find My iPhone service with a message demanding payments for their device to be unlocked.
Users on Apple's support forums have been reporting that the message on their device states that they have been hacked by 'Oleg Pliss' and to send a payment to a PayPal account to get the device unlocked.


i was using my ipad a short while ago when suddenly it locked itself, and was askiwhich I'd never previously set up. I went to check my phone and there was a message on the screen (it's still there) saying that my device(s) had been hacked by 'Oleg Pliss' and he/she/they demanded $100 USD/EUR (sent by paypal to lock404(at)hotmail.com) to return them to me.

More at iHash.eu

No comments:

Post a Comment